Welcome to the official website of the Gerson Solulu Tertiary Scholarships!
The Social Services department of the Morobe Provincial Government is proud to deliver Online Scholarships for 2018! Due to public outcry, the current Provincial administration through its PEC, the provincial administrator and deputy administrator - social services, have endeavoured to provide Online Tertiary Scholarships. Limited Scholarships are available to continuing grade 12 students of 2017 and other eligible aspiring applicants due to limited funding of K4,000,000.00 in 2018.
Online Application process has been streamlined to enable effortless handling of applications with minimum resources. Online Application is required after Registering for new Applicants only. Continuing students can now upload their transcripts. New applicants can update their Online Application forms which are stored on our database using their MPGID, Surname, Firstname or StudentID. Management is now working on publishing reports of previous graduates and financial reports for previous years. For transparency and planning purposes, previous findings and reports on Budgetary allocation and usage will be published for consumption of stakeholders. No applications will be accepted for applications born before 1970 and institutions not covered in the application forms.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL INSTRUCTION BEFORE APPLYING.
Lastly may God help us to work together to build a better Morobe and in turn a better PNG!
Striving For Excellence in Education of Morobean Tertiary Students since 2004
Tertiary Students. The Gerson Solulu Scholarships is a Tertiary School fee asistance program started by the Morobe Provincial Government since 2004. It is meant to help poor parents and students from unfortunate or subsistance background who cannot afford tertiary education.
Why Online Scholarships? We started trialing the Online Application concept to address issues with excessive file handling, data management problems, transparency issues, harrassment of scholarship officers amongst other issues.
Internet Savy Generation. In realising this we have initiated the online application to target most tertiary students who should be already literate on the use internet applications like email, facebook and Mobile phones. We now have a Mobile APP, Separate Website, Facebook site and email address for your convenience.
- The Following institutions have been approved for 2018 applications.
- 1. New Registry for Online Application for 2018 - JANUARY 8 - FEBRUARY 01
- New process for Online Scholarships has been introduced to allow more streamlined and smooth handling of applications.
- Applicants need to now register before applying. After registering, applicants can then search for their records and edit or upload documents and transcripts.
- After registering, applicants can use their MPGID and StudentID as password to logon to the system to upload their transcripts.
- 2. Screening of Online Applications - FEBRUARY 01 - 30
- Selection committee will be screening applications online. Screening has already started for continuing students whose GPAs have been upload or were emailed to use on: email@example.com
- 3. Scholarships Staff Institution Visitations - FEBRUARY 15 - JULY 30
- Scholarship officers will be visiting schools in June, 2018.
- Institutions are encourage to provide updated student listings aquitals to the our staff to update our records.